Did you know that less than 3% of the earth’s surface is urban, yet these cities and towns have a disproportionate impact on the planet?
It’s vital we take steps to create liveable cities for people and biodiversity, now…
Urban Ecology in Action help you make EVERY action count.
- At Urban Ecology in Action, we help you rethink how to integrate ecology within your built environment, infrastructure, streetscapes, energy consumption, food production, water use and so on.
- We readily consult, collaborate and communicate with government, agencies, organisations and industry to deliver win-win biodiversity outcomes that build better cities—for now and for the future.
We help you define your ecological assets, and the species they support. Then we develop the best-fit biodiversity action plan for your unique project.
- Planning & Design
- Strategy & Insights
Using a collaborative approach, we identify innovative solutions to the ecological needs of your landscape design and management projects.
Urban Ecology in Action apply expert knowledge and strategic research to guide and direct urban planning and design projects for positive biodiversity impacts. These include:
- Improving climate conditions and water systems, while reducing noise pollution, light pollution, air pollution, and more, with eco-sensitive urban designs
- Creating sustainable and resilient urban ecosystems for both humans and nature to
- Enhancing human health through opportunities to be active, enjoy nature, connect with others, and produce healthy food in your urban centre
- Upholding your city’s unique and significant natural and cultural heritage – to instil a strong ‘sense of place’ and community for your local people and visitors to your town.
Ready to chat about your project?
Contact us today for a free no-obligation Discovery Session…
Say hello to Dr Amy Hahs – Director of Urban Ecology in Action
I strongly believe that the most sustainable, resilient and liveable cities of the future will emerge from the cities that proactively add biodiversity and ecology considerations to their business as usual.
Amy Hahs Ph.D. is an urban ecologist with an established research career investigating how urban landscapes impact the local ecology. Now, as a specialist consultant, Amy works on a diverse range of building projects that develop green, healthy cities and towns, and conserve resilient ecosystems where we live and work.
Urban Ecology in Action regularly form consortia with other consulting groups and partner with specialist organisations. Together, we deliver tailored solutions and exceptional outcomes for our clients.
Our dedicated consultants and specialist partners work with us to provide high-quality realistic urban ecology advice. In short, we help you understand how plants, animals, people and the environment respond to urbanisation, and how you can promote biodiversity in your city or town.
Is your organisation seeking to better understand…
- urban environments and the impact of urbanisation?
- biodiversity responses to urbanisation and urban adaptation?
- how to create urban landscapes that promote diverse species survival?
Now you can stay up to date with important urban ecology information.
Find out about upcoming conferences, amazing training events, thought-provoking presentations, the latest research highlights, awesome job opportunities, industry news and more…
If you’ve got a query or need more information, simply contact us on 0448 545 870.
We’d love to speak with you about your project and how we may be able to help.
Feel free to contact us to arrange an initial consultation or training workshop.
Plus, join our mailing list to keep up to date: ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Follow Urban Ecology in Action on Twitter and Facebook for all our urban ecology updates.